Getzen 800 Eternal cornet

Gendreauj

Won a bid on eBay for a Getzen 800 Eternal cornet. Does have a 1st slide thumb saddle and 3rd slide fixed ring. Starting to get used to the Amado water keys.

Has anyone played the Getzen 800 cornet? Is it a vast improvement over the Capri cornet?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gendreauj said:

Received the Getzen 800 cornet yesterday. Excellent shape, sounds great. So far, both mouthpieces work well .Like the modification on the 3rd slide, flipped the slide and placed a fixed slide on the top. 

On 9/11/2019 at 7:43 PM, Gendreauj said:

Lyre Holder

Was wondering if there is a lyre holder on the bottom of the 3rd slide on the Getzen Eterna cornet. Don't have a lyre or push rod to figure out what this is. Yes I probably should contact the seller.

• 8 months later...

Replaced the springs the springs on my Getzen 800 cornet. Made a big difference. Until I bought the Getzen Renaissance trumpet, I didn't realize how slow the finger buttons were on the Cornet.