Getzen 700 Eterna trumpet

Gendreauj

Won the ebay bid on a Getzen 700 Eterna trumpet. Curious how the sound will differ from my previously owed Getzen Capri trumpet.  I am impressed with the Getzen Capri trumpet and Getzen Capri cornet. Wasn't impressed with the sound of previously owed 300 cornet, 390 trumpet and 490 trumpet.

Also won bids on a Bach 700 trumpet and a Cecilio trumpets. Will flip those trumpets as soon as possible.

Received the Getzen 700 Eterna today. Gave it a bath, cleaning, sanitizing and rubbed out the tarnish. Bought it from Shopgoodwill and it was in perfect shape. One of the few trumpets I have bought from Goodwill that didn't need a repair. 

Came with a Getzen case, and a Rudy Mack 17 C trumpet mouthpiece, Vincent Bach 1 1/2 C trumpet mouthpiece.Selling the Rudy Mack and Vincent Bach mouthpieces on ebay.

After taking it out of the bath, sanitizied , oiled the valves and greased the slides. Played the trumpet using all of the mouthpieces.It sound excellent using all of the mouthpieces. 

A world of difference in sound between the Getzen Capri and the Getzen Eterna trumpet. Really love the sound of  this trumpet.

Missed having a 1st slide thumb saddle ring. Like the fixed valve guide. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2019 at 7:25 PM, Gendreauj said:

Still  loving the sound of  this trumpet. Although, it does seem to take awhile to warm up. Glad it  likes all of my mouthpieces. Although it likes the Vincent Bach 1  1/2  C mouthpiece best.

Glad it has a 1st slide thumb saddle ring, didn't like the trigger. Like the fixed valve guide. Very soon, will  be changing the adjustable 3rd slide ring to a fixed ring. 

Edited by Gendreauj
delete

After all the years (I played a Getzen in high school in the 1980s), I'm still surprised about the lack of awareness of Getzen trumpets and trombones.  Great trumpets (& great valves) for many people out there, while many are just focused on the two big trumpet brands...  (B, Y)

After practicing today I experienced an unusual feeling of contentment about my choices of trumpet and cornet. In my six years of playing trumpet , I was never happy with my selection of trumpets. The previous Getzen 590 trumpet was close but not quite right. Cornets seem to suit me better. Was happy with the sounds of many of the  previous cornets I have owed.

Anyone experience a similiar situation?

• Like 1

• 7 months later...