Getzen Canadian Brass Trumpet

Gendreauj

Bought a Getzen Brass trumpet for $530.00 dollars off ebay. It is a professional trumpet made a limited time by Getzen. Had only one rival bidder, so I payed $30.00 dollars more than I wanted. After receiving the new trumpet, I will sell the Getzen Renaissance trumpet. Should have the trumpet this week. Has anyone played this trumpet? 

Edited by Gendreauj

I will post photos as soon as I can. This will be eleventh Getzen horn I have owed. Quality of their horns are excellent.

I have owed many brands /models of trumpets, only one valves were bad, due to previous owners DYI. 

Like the valve setup with the springs in the middle, number engraved on side of valves. 

Looking forward to playing this horn and selling my other one. Trying to find a decent not expensive gold trim kit. 

Received the Getzen Canadian Brass trumpet today. It is in excellent shape.Looks almost new, previous owner took care of it.Gave the trumpet and mouthpiece a bath. Cleaned the slides and it will take a few more baths to get as clean as I want.

Let the trumpet air day. Then reassemble it, oiled valves, greased the slides. 

The trumpet is excellent in all ranges, likes all of mouthpieces. Brighter than I am used to, but I can live with it. 

IMG_20200919_201057.jpg

IMG_20200919_201120.jpg

IMG_20200919_201205.jpg

Very expressive horn, brighter sounded to me than the renaissance trumpet. The mouthpiece provided is a Canadian Brass 3 megatone mouthpiece, works well. Obviously made by Bach. 

It will be hard to sell this trumpet, not very well known. A seller on ebay was unable to sell it the first time around, so had to relist it. 

Due to the pandemic I am not working my part time job. Have to sell the Getzen Renaissance trumpet to pay down my PayPal bill.