"Americana" Trumpet info

Doug

Greetings and Salutations (welcome to my first post)

I've recently acquired a 1930's (perhaps) Americana trumpet. I'm guessing it's a stencil model. It was too cheap to pass up and cleaned up and plays surprisingly well. I had never heard of one of these and I haven't been able to find information about it's maker or place of manufacture.

I've attached a few "Before" and "After" pics. Any ideas or information would be welcomed.

Regards, Doug

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 11.35.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 11.34.30 PM.png

20191208_190328.jpg

20191208_190418.jpg

20191208_190602.jpg

IMG_20191129_225532_907.jpg

• 2 months later...

Thank you Gendreauj.

It sounds better than I had anticipated, I don't play it too much as I want it gone over with a chemical clean and the valves checked. I have no idea how long this had been neglected and under what conditions. So I feel it's best to be safe rather than do damage. I cleaned it by soaking it in a baking soda, water solution over night.( cruddy is the only way I can describe it's condition when I got it.) Followed by silver polish and attention to detail.

I've been on Hornucopia and haven't had much luck with info. Some sites may post a photo or two, but specific info is not available.

I don't know. Maybe origin, manufacturer, and such isn't all that necessary. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...