All Brass SoundReturn

TrumpetForum

I recently found this new mute? called a "soundreturn" for trumpet.  After watching a great video (they all are great of Mark Zauss playing with one, I've ordered one to try out.  When playing in a loud band, I have the need to better hear my sound/pitch to ensure I'm playing in tune.

https://www.allbrassonline.com

Will post my review, once I receive in the next week. Anyone else played with one yet?  or have seen similar solutions?

Video below.

I've seen them posted on Facebook in the Trumpets group.  Let us know how it works for us "normal" trumpet players vs. Zauss...  (He'd sound amazing attaching anything to his trumpet . 🙂 )

I just received the Sound Return, and used it tonight during a 2.5 hr. big band practice.  Very nice quality, did have to bend out the mounts because my Taylor trumpet has a 5.25" bell - but worked great once I adjusted it.  They seem to have updated their packaging since the demo by Mark Zauss above.

It worked AWESOME to better hear what I'm playing.  I play the 1st book, and often the parts get so loud that I have a hard time hearing my sound.  After adding to my trumpet, I found I could hear better, which in result allowed me to better play in-tune, and became more precise in my attacks and entrances...

Simple solution, but worth the cost!

IMG_4264.JPG

• Like 1